Sunday, January 29, 2012

Yogurt with Pecans & Cilantro {Raita}

The perfect cool-down for the spices!
Now I don't know about you, but I always, always, always get the hiccups when I eat spicy food!  Seeing as I love to eat spicy and flavorful foods, this can be an embarrassing problem {boyfriend loves to poke fun at me}.  For those of you that are right there with me, this is a perfect & extremely easy yogurt dish to serve with any Indian cuisine that will cool down your mouth and put your hiccups at ease!

Ingredients:


  • 24 oz plain yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
  • 1/2 fresh hot green chilli, very finely chopped {jalapeño}
  • about 1/4 teaspoon salt - or to taste
  • freshly ground black pepper 
  • 2-3 green onions {not used today!}
  • 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped, toasted
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2-2/3 medium, peeled, seeded and chopped cucumber 



How to:
Put the yogurt in a bowl.  Beat lightly with a fork or a whisk until it is smooth and creamy.  Add all the other ingredients.  Stir to mix.

That's right.  It's that easy.  I'm bamboozled as to how it took me so long to attempt to make this!  It's tasty, healthy, and is one of my favorites!  This is best if made half a day to a day ahead of time eaten, so the flavor really develops.  

Let me know if you try this out & comment if you have any questions!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment